Where are you?

Dear President Trump,

Where are you?

Let me start this by saying I hope this finds you well. And this will by no means be a letter that insults or degrades anyone. I'm sorry I don't have that emotion left in me. But I do have a question for you. Where are you?

March 2017 has been a hard month for the ranching community. Fires have ravished the land and torn apart multigenerational beef breeding programs across 4 states. And in the wake of what can only be called the "Katrina of the cattle industry", I can only ask myself why we haven't seen an outpouring of support from you? Where are you Mr President?

Unfortunately being part of the Ag industry, we know no one is coming to save us. There is no "What if" plan for us. But we also know without us, the US economical system would look a bit different. We ARE the fabric of this nation. But no one is asking for hand outs, we AREN'T asking for aid, we are asking for your PRAYERS! Just some recognition and empathy you see the struggles!

I know our story isn't "juicy". It doesn't involve radical race wars, foreign scandals, or anything about immigration. And I'm not really sorry for that. But let me tell you what our story does involve. It involves fellow ag people from hundreds of miles away Trucking in hay and feed in the middle of the night to feed the surviving cattle, myself being one of HUNDREDS. It involves ranchers being forced to walk up to their cows, apologize for not being able to save them, and shoot the livestock they've raised since babies. It involves beef producers and their wives crying as they tube feed calves so burnt they can no longer see or take a bottle, to just end up putting them out of their misery. It involves parents explaining the their children the cattle that were going to pay for their college education perished.

It involves a rally of a nation of people, not defined by the color of our skin or what part of the industry we come from but instend standing together as AMERICANS. ONE NATION. UNDER GOD!

I'm not sorry for what our story involves or doesn't involve. What I'm sorry for is that you are missing it.....

sincerely, 
Kaylin

*****I know there will be some negative comments. And that's ok... I'll pray for you too.

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Comments

Popular Posts